Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Untitled 3 of the Incomplete Series

You looked into my eyes and told me there was nobody else
You looked into my face and told me it was only me
My remaining question is why?
Was there nobody else because there really was nobody else?
Or was there nobody else because you only wanted me?

What seemed like perfection was not.
What I thought was perfection was far from it.
All of my proposals were rejected
My remaining question was why?
Why did you run?
Why did you alter what was there?

So much seemingly unfinished
All the emotion and experiences don't disappear
Goodbye doesn't erase time and effort
My remaining question is why?
Why isn't this but a memory yet?
Why do you stop me from moving on?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Stuff Lucky Charms

It will never be a memory if you keep asking questions. Call me.

Anonymous said...

whenever you call me i'll be there, whenever you need me I'll Be there. ahahahahahahahah

Nay Nicole said...

I would say that the subject of the poem doesn't necessarily want it to be a memory yet. And you are right, if they keep asking it will remain an active part of their life....

But how often do situations end prematurely, or life makes a turn in a direction to which we are not ready yet. And instead of moving along and flowing with it we look back........

I will honestly share that this is not about me....I wrote this based on somebody else's trials and tribulations....and my advice to them was the same as yours 2 me.