Monday, December 10, 2007

Love is my best friend

Love....I remember when I stopped looking for it....when I realized I already had it. But until one learns to love them self, they cannot truly recognize it. I was looking for the wrong thing. What I had was simple, pure, and, true....empirical; something like a miracle.
And it's most amazing that such love almost revealed itself to me, but it was not time, and the revelation was rescinded. But not hidden, simply not handed to me on the platter I would've liked; no such presentation was awarded, perhaps because I didn't do my part. But I have seen it now.

The love I speak of saved me before, before I recognized it. But I took it for granted. I knew it was there, I just didn't know what it was. My love stayed with me even when I'd given up. And the best part about it is that my love was never overbearing. It was there when I needed it most, and took a seat in the wings when I thought I didn't. Love has been a protector, a confidant, and strength. Love has been, and is, my best friend.

Now that I see my love, I wonder if subconsciously I knew all along. After all, my love was the only one I never lied to; the one I care most about....and so interestingly, the one I never gave my heart to....Now that I know I can only pray to handle it accordingly. My prayer will be for patience, clarity, understanding and most importantly the ability to hold onto and make the most of this blessing...this gift....of love.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is love a person? or a representative of something? I always admire how you are so articulate and expressive when it comes to love.

I do think that you need to take advantage of that love. Before when you took it for granted it stayed, but now tht you know what it is and recognze it probably will hold you accountable now.

Anonymous said...

Nay you stay writing about me, lol.

Amen, I am a firm believer in learning to love ones self in order to experience true love.

How could love be love if we take it for granted. Sure when love looks upon us there is a genuine feeling, but when we look at love and don't reciprocate the same emotions then there is no love between us. In fact at the point of our neglect or rejection we negate what love truly is.

I am happy that you now see love for what love is. Now real LOVE can begin.

I may just be babbling but... yea I'm just babbling lol.

Anonymous said...

The most amazing gift god can give a person is the ability to express the thoughts and the emotions of others.You have that gift. Love is an interesting emotion that can be paired with various feelings like hate, passion, jealousy and admiration. We tend to expect a particular result from this feeling of love and often times are disappointed, but the most important thing to understand from the experience is the lessons we are taught. Take the lesson learn from it grow and identify a better love for yourself in the future. I love your writing this was great!! Love you sis

Nay Nicole said...

Thanks for the compliments guys....and "Bunny" this is one of my favorites too.Love u 2 sis.

Umm, Drew, it doesn't matter if love is a person, thing, or idea. As long as it exists.

I DEF agree with you Josh, when we take love for granted, or neglect it, or reject it we negate it. However like Bunny said love is a gift. A God given gift; it is stronger than we are. Even when we fail love will prevail because when abideth faith, hope and love....LOVE IS THE GREATEST!!! and is MY best friend.