Monday, December 17, 2007

this is not finished....but i'll post it now and finish it later.


Why do people get married? Why do people get engaged? Why do people get into exclusive relationships? Why do people date?

The simplest reason is that nobody wants to be alone. We are communal creatures. We are happy having somebody to share with. Whether it's sharing good times and laughs or sad times and tears. Humans yearn for other human attention, touch, and, affection. God intended us to be that way. Adam was wonderful, perhaps extra wonderful, which is why God decided he shouldn't be alone. Everybody wants that soulmate, few are lucky to find them. But just as we are compatible on other levels; are souls also have compatability.

I believe we date because we don't want to be alone. When we find somebody whose company we enjoy we spend more time with them. As things progress and more things are shared it becomes an investment and we begin to excuse other people from our lives. We end up in exclusive relationships.

We single said person out and elevate them in our lives, they prioritize us and we do the same to them. This person becomes our primary go to person. And when we realize that this person makes us better people we begin to feel like there is nobody in the world who could be better for us.

We want to have this person in our lives forever; in the capacity that they are in. So to remove them from the possibility of ever leaving us and upgrading another.......we decide to marry.
Marriage is a total different ball game, I've come very close, but not quite there so I'm not sure all it entails. But I know it has to be a beneficial partnership. And it's for life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess you didn't finish this yetBut when I met my girlfriend Lisa I was looking. I wasn't being a ho but tired of dating different women and I wanted a constant. She was there for me. She became my best friend and one day I realized I loved her. And I needed to keep her forever. I hope she will marry me someday. I don't want to give up all she is to me and does for me. But we have a way to go. Like you I can't speak too much on marriage but we've been doing well for almost two years now. And our progression was just like this post.