Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Friends create new worlds

Good Day Folks!

For those of you who received the morning text.....are already aware that I'm on a friendship kick today. And for the rest of you; here it is! I shared the words of Aristotle;

"What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies."

On my search for friendship quotes I also came across the words of Anais Nin:

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it's only by this meeting that a new world is born."

There isn't much more for me to say on this except that I can attest to the fact that I share something special and unique with each of my friends; there is a common bond with all of them....today I am reflecting on those friendships. And am happy to have them.....and look forward to further growth and new additions to the fold.
Be blessed all!

"A friend loveth at all times."- Proverbs 17:17

4 comments:

ABWood said...

It's perplexing how frienships work...I've been re-evaluating so many of mine recently...some of them are so easy! while others...I feel like I should be getting a paycheck to be dealing with lol...all in all I guess its what you receive and give and what type of impact that relationship has that determines its worth...

Anonymous said...

I know what friendship means to you. Have you ever thought that the new worlds are things you never gave a chance before? Because I know that after meeting you I pay attention to quotes and funny sayings now. And if we ever loose contact I probably still will. And maybe you'll use one of my quotes in your quote of the day.

JDE Photography said...

Im just now reading this, nice and also fitting that you wrote it on my birthday :)

I love you friend!

-Josh

Nay Nicole said...

O yes Ama! I have a few of those friendships too. But sometimes, it's not necessarily what you receive.....but the place it holds....there are people I speak to daily, be it thru IM, text, or brief convo or interaction....I may not get anything from it except sheer entertainment or even less....but they serve a purpose by taking part in my day....their absence could be easily filled. But their presence has meaning. (Ooh, that sounds sexy!)

And yes, Seany- there's a lot I didn't give a chance until a certain person came into my life....you introduced me to cars....and now onto Josh...

Yes, this was written on your birthday, and I thought of you...there are things that are important to you that I probably wouldn't care about if I hadn't met you.....and yours is a friendship that I definitely count as one that helps me be a better person.

Love you all for reading!
KISSES- Nay