Friday, January 11, 2008

love me or leave me alone

I never forgot how to love I just didn’t want to
I learned how to erect walls so great the Chinese would hate me
But I had to make sure nobody would penetrate me.

Seems so along ago now
Before you entered my life
Before you corrupted my wall
I was so happy in my loveless space
So bliss and unaware of what was about to take place

You watched and waited
Eventually you had a plan
You threw small pebbles that eventually made big holes
And now my wall looks like ancient greek ruins
No longer keeping anybody out, or anybody in
What was once a tall strong structure
Has become a useless mass of vulnerability

I cannot clear the space
I need a reminder, a memorial of my efforts
Clearing the space would indicate I want the love you teased me with
Clearing the space would indicate I want the love you teased me with
Clearing the space would indicate I want the love I worked so hard at avoiding

I’ve decided to repair the lasserations and rebuild my wall
It will not be memorial to your games
I can’t figure out why you would work so hard at tearing down a wall you didn’t want to go through

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am always in awe at your expressions but never surprised because its clear you are clear in your writing. To know you in a business sense I thought you were smart and beautiful and were very happy in "soap opera" love as you put it. But to have read so much of your work I never knew you had such a handle on your feelings. To much to the point that I feel your pain and your joy. And I see your progression through the therapeutic writing. MAJOR KUDOS and much love to you.

Anonymous said...

Walls are meant to be brought down, whether you build it back up or not, it is still meant to come down, leave it down and enjoy life. It is better to have loved and lost than to build another wall up, good piece though

Nay Nicole said...

Thanks Sean, I really appreciate that. I know how critical you can be.....

Thanks for reading Poet, walls are meant to keep entities out....or in. And as far as loving and losing, if that's better then the object of the love probably wasn't worth it to begin with...LOVE isn't meant to stop. It's to be eternal and everlasting.....love and life are our most precious gifts from God. And when done correctly they are eternal and everlasting.....

In love,
Naomi.

Anonymous said...

Walls are meant to come down? Was that supposed to be poetic night and day? lol Walls are used to secure and keep things seperate (check my spelling Tila). Love is a wonderful experience, and I believe that Nay understands this. But step out of the cliche and realize it is not better to love and lose. Losing love is a detriment. That pain can erase all the good, and then you eventually move on. Some good life lessons may have been learned, but not regarding love. All losing will do is make it harder to love again, or perhaps hurt those who love you. Lol, and Sean u ain't know my little sis got mad skills