Tuesday, January 1, 2008

the morning after

Approximately 7 hours after my original though space....in a more humble calm state of mind my fingers tapped out the following.



It's amazing how a few hours can change an entire situation. For therapeutic reasons I jumped on my computer as soon as I walked through the door lastnite. High from a steriod treatment (for my asthma) I couldn't sleep. I napped somewhere between 9 and 10am, but was back in full effect by 11.....and I've revisited pieces lastnite quite frequently. And in its entirety while recanting to my mom......

Now that I'm calm, and objective I realize I would do it all over again if I could, I would change a heck of a lot, especially lastnite. No need for jumbled details now, but those details didn't need to come into existence. I put myself in the shoes of all involved parties and for the first time saw the plight of my co-main character. And I wish I'd seen it earlier and handled it differently for now it's seemingly too late. But I am ready to admit that my co-star cared.....

I have matured, I apologized not to make myself feel better, but to make another person feel better. I was sincerely sorry for my behavior and a escalated repercussions. The embarassment was a completely different situation. I honestly wanted to make sure that other people were okay. I wasn't as concerned for my image as I was for disrupting other people's lives. I am proud of my growth.

I have figured out my lesson, and it's to not be so stubborn. My stubborness almost cost me my life. My stubborness landed me behind the wheel of my car while intoxicated. But the worst part of it is that I knew I shouldn't have been driving. I should have stayed put for my designated. But my stubborness and pride got the best of me. And in the end a mountain was formed of a molehill. Ultimately, several relationships have severed and a certain possible future is now the past. And I am sorry, but at least I've learned a lesson in humility. And when the time comes, I can exercise such.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing how some time and cooler heads prevailing can change somethuing. I'm interestd to know if this was a lover's quarrel. And how it turned out

Anonymous said...

Yes Andrew, it is amazing how a little time can change so much! It's amazing how my outlook broadened. It's amazing what you can see when you take the time to look.- (2morrow's food for thought)

Anonymous said...

I remember that food for thought. And I wonder what happened here. Pride is a bitch. And once again I am in awe at your handle of your feelings and emotions. It seems you are impulsive but it doesn't take much time for you to figure things out. You should be proud of any growth you have. I don't know what person you used to be but I know that I am extremely impressed with the person you are.

Nay Nicole said...

What can I say but I'm a work in progress....I am constantly observing and learning. And at times I make mistakes, I am learning how to get up and dust off (do u remember that food 4 thought?) and keep it moving. It's a hard and long lesson....but I feel the progress.

Andrew....u know how it turned out.

Thanks 4 the support guys!