Friday, January 25, 2008

REAFFIRMATION

It’s weird how some people come into your life and you immediately know their purpose. And some make a place for themselves. But then others linger until they finally fall into place.

I’ve had the best fortune with those who linger, those who evolved from their original assumed position and have somehow become permanent fixtures. Those who I thought would be for but a season, but have proved to be worthy of a lifetime.

There are many I can call in time of need, few who have no limits, and one that has never judged.
__________________________________________________________________

He approached my hostile situation of

Disappointment and desperation
Dead ends and no options
Lonliness and urgency

“You’re beautiful” he began

I fell in love with you
It wasn’t your beauty, even though you’re gorgeous as hell
He had me thinking I’d put him under some sort of spell….

Of all I’ve known, my love for you is strongest
The most genuine—he compared
It’s not about touching you or sex, and he stared….

I do love laying with you and falling asleep with you beside me
He reassured
And I with you as well, I concurred…..

Your happiness is all I ever wanted
And I know I can’t be selfish he spoke
And at that moment my tears broke…..

You deserve to be happy
He said as he looked at me
So refreshing that he understood my sensitivity

No matter what lies ahead for you or for I
He gently gave
I’m always here to satisfy all you crave

I’m here for you
He kindly offered
Positivity he tried to conjure

His combat technique was

No disappointment, only encouragement
No definites, but endless possibilities
No abandonment, but a pledge of forever…..

“You are wonderful”, I ended

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

u r right mysterious.

Anonymous said...

It's great to have that person that you can go to in a time of need. That person who will listen and not judge even though sometimes we judge ourselves a lot harder than anybody else will.

You would know that feeling because you are that type of friend.